Way of the beaten track adventure…..
This will be our of the grid and back to basics tour for 2022. We will be exploring one of the last true wildernesses where the lions and other wildlife roam free. This adventure will focus on the area east of the Nossob river in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. The vast open wilderness of Mabuasehube and the KD 12 concession allows us to experience the untouched wilderness of the Kalahari. The campsites will vary from very basic to wild camping and has no fencing around them. It is not uncommon to encounter predators in and around our campsites.
We will venture into an area only know to a very few select. This is your opportunity to venture where you play by the rules of the truly wild Kalahari Lions, Leopards and other predators. We will visit pans with names like Peach pan, Bushy Pan, Twats Pan and Spend a few nights on Jacks pan.
All of these concessions opened up for tourism with the banning of hunting in Botswana. This now allow us to take full advantage of these unspoiled wild open spaces. We need to be totally self-sufficient and have our own water for drinking and washing, and will have to erect our own shelters to use as a shower at most of the places.
The tour starts in Zeerust at the Pioneer border post, from there well make our way to Jwaneng for meat and last minute shopping before heading of to Kokotsha where the fun and games begin. This is where we deflate our tires and go into bush mode.
The first night will be spend on the Mabua Cut line. From there well take it easy exploring the beauty of the Kalahari making our way to the KD 12 concession and onward to the Kaa Concession the next 9 nights. Complete itinerary will be given with deposit payment. Your guide George van Deventer has grown up in the Kalahari and will share his knowledge with you as the tour progress.
Date 1 – 8 August 2022
Cost R5 450 per person sharing
What do you need:
- A good reliable, serviced 4-wheel drive vehicle.
- Fuel range of app. 850km’s including extra fuel containers like long range tanks and jerry cans for 4×4 driving
- Vehicle registration papers or letter of consent from the financing institution.
- Children must have a valid passport and an unabridged birth certificate and letter of consent if not accompanied by both parents. No kids under 16
- Guests from non-SADC countries will need a Visa.
- A passport that is valid for 3 months after our return to SA, valid drivers license and ID.
- Camping equipment and cooking/braai accessories.
- A ground tent is fine but no open-air camping allowed due to the fact that we camp in predator territory.
- Water – At least 10 liters per day
- Last but not least – A good sense of humour and a positive outlook.
2 way radios will be supplied by ourselves.
- All cross border fees, 3rd party insurance and taxes
- Camping fees
- Conservation fees
- Park entry fees
- Tour guide
- 4×4 vehicle hire
- Daily activities
- Transfer fees
- Game drives
This is the wildside of Mabua, we will go where the others don’t…….