Welcome to the greatest mammal migration on the planet….
Only R14 900 per person sharing
- 3 – 23 November 2018 R14 900 p/p sharing
Full itinerary will be send with payment of deposit.
Between October and December each year, about 10 million straw coloured fruit bats descend into a tiny patch of evergreen swamp forest inside Kasanka National Park, Northern Zambia. This natural phenomenon, unique only to Kasanka lends itself to some truly astonishing birdlife sightings set against a backdrop of incredible scenic surrounds and dramatic skies.
This is our big trip for 2020 with the highlight of the bat migration in the Kasanga National Park, Zambia. 10 000 000 (ten million) bats come together from the Congo to feast on fruits only found in the small Kasanga Forest Reserve. This is the biggest mammal migration on earth and a definite must do once in your lifetime.
South Luangwa is another big ticket place on this tour. Very few places in Africa can offer the unique combination of South Luangwa National Park’s open, grassy plains and mature, mesmerizing woodlands, crowned with the pristine, impressive Luangwa River. This area’s reputation for abundant wildlife and unspoiled vegetation is well earned, so whether driving around or walking through, the intense beauty calls to you from every corner.
The tour is the pinnacle in our annual tour calendar with so many wonderful sites and places we will be visiting. The bonus is the journey South through Zimbabwe after the tour has ended and you are welcome to tag along as we make our way visiting Gonarezhou National Park and into Kruger National Park.
Places to visit will include the following –
Vic Falls (Optional)
Sunset boat cruise (Optional)
Kasanka bat migration
Kapishya hot springs
What do you need:
- A good reliable, serviced 4-wheel drive vehicle.
- Fuel range of app. 800km’s including extra fuel containers like long range tanks and jerry cans.
- Vehicle registration papers or letter of consent from the financing institution.
- Children must have a valid passport and an unabridged birth certificate and letter of consent if not accompanied by both parents.
- Guests from non-SADC countries will need a Visa.
- A passport that is valid for 3 months after our return to SA, valid drivers license and ID.
- Camping equipment and cooking/braai accessories.
- A ground tent is fine but no open-air camping allowed due to the fact that we camp in predator territory.
- Malaria Prophylaxis taken as prescribed by your GP.
- Last but not least – A good sense of humour and a positive outlook.
2 way radios will be supplied by ourselves.
- All cross border fees, 3rd party insurance and taxes except Malawi 3rd party insurance
- Camping fees
- Conservation fees
- Park entry fees (Except Kasanka and South Luangwa)
- 4×4 vehicle hire
- Daily activities
- Transfer fees
- Game drives